Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need older version of kindle app for 5.1.1 iPad

I have a Gen1 iPad with iOS 5.1.1 and have wiped it clean. Is there any way to get the kindle app to work with a less than iOS 6?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 8:02 PM

15 replies

Apr 18, 2014 3:53 AM in response to marisue

to marisue:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

That helped me a lot!

I'm one of the people who have recently purchased a used ipad 1, just to read ebooks or maybe watch a movie in bed. ...I don't use it for anything else.

So when I read... you need ios 6 to install the kindle app.... i was thinking WHAAAAT ??

Well anyways searching the web for some clues, your advice was the only thing that really helped.

You are my hero for today! 🙂

THANK YOU

Nov 28, 2014 9:39 PM in response to mumbles_mcc

If you still need help (I struggled with this for months), login to iTunes from any other computer, go to the iTunes store and download the app to your computer. Note, that is the **iTunes** store. Then, on your iPad, login to the **App** store, find the kindle app, choose Get and it will **then** prompt you if you want to get the latest version compatible. Doesn't make sense but it is basically exactly like SLihousttes said. You won't see the message until you choose to Get it, but you must have first gotten it on another computer or device, otherwise it will just keep telling you it needs a later iOS. Hope this helps.

Apr 25, 2015 7:41 AM in response to mjbart

You've downloaded the current version of the app on your computer's iTunes so that it's in your purchase history, and then gone to the Purchased tab in the App Store app on your iPad and seen if you can download an iOS 5 compatible version of it ? That will only work if Amazon support it, not all developers do, and they may not support iOS 5. That is the only way that you might be able to get their kindle app.

If it doesn't then you could see if their cloud reader app works : go to http://read.amazon.com/ on Safari, and then add it as a homescreen shortcut.

Need older version of kindle app for 5.1.1 iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.