Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The 'webkit.dll' problem is over.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post this to help all the guys who've gone through **** over the iTunes App Store not opening visually & crashing with 'webkit.dll' error messages, while the actual iTunes App was still working and responding.

Let's establish and dispel some myths if the dreaded 'webkit.dll' error message pops up while you are trying to open the iTunes Store.

(1) You DO NOT need to reinstall ANY SOFTWARE.

(2) Files ARE NOT DAMAGED on your computer.

(3) You DO NOT have Firewall issues.

(4) You DO NOT need to use ANY commands in the 'Run' window.

(5) You DO NOT need to run around your Computer Drive deleting Folders or Files.

(6) You DO NOT need to blame Apple or its Programmers.

(7) You DO NOT need to listen to people who tell you to do this or that.

(8) You DO NOT need to give up on iTunes as an App.

The webkit.dll is just telling you that the visual face of your iTunes Store is missing a font or fonts that the App was designed to use from your operating system.

I do a lot of graphics and like to take fonts from my computer and rest them because I do not use them a lot.

In my case on XP, either I moved two OPERATING SYSTEM fonts....Andale Mono and Times New Roman, or somehow they disappeared into the mist. 😉

After reinstalling everything relating to iTunes and it's sister programs I was completely frustrated.

Just the word WEBKIT like TYPEKIT suggests Fonts or Typography, so I checked what should have been my original OPERATING SYSTEM FONTS.

Then on XP I went into my Fonts Folder and found two fonts weren't present.!!

I had no problem with the earlier, old version of the iTunes App and connecting to the iTunes store. Why? Because the older version avoided those Fonts that was missing.

Everytime I reinstalled the latest version of iTunes, those missing Fonts created the 'webkit.dll' error message.

Bringing back those Operating System Fonts that should have been there INSTANTLY fixed the problem.

So remember guys.....a webkit.dll error message is just telling you some, or one of your original System Fonts is missing or possibly unreadable.

Remember, the Apple programmers have designed (like a web page) each iTunes Store experience to utilize Fonts on each viewer's Computer.

(So find out exactly what Fonts your Computer was born with (its original Operating System Set-Up) and make sure they are all in place on your computer so you can view the Apple iTunes Store)

If this helps just ONE PERSON.....I'm a happy man!

Cheers

MrWhack

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 7:51 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2014 11:59 AM in response to MrWhack

I found this to be very useful information. I had to download to iTunes 11.1.3.8 to fix my iPhone, and have been having this problem ever since. I posted a thread on the forum a few days ago and haven't gotten a single response. I'm looking for the best method to find out what font(s) might be missing, and how to replace it. If you can offer any more insight, I'd be so tremendously grateful. My iPhone has been out of commission for the past 4 or so days and it's aggrevating. And, not that this is completely related, but my laptop is beginning to die, so it's all quite stressful.
in advance!

Thanks

The 'webkit.dll' problem is over.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.