Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2. Broken home button - so floating home button in use. Frozen screen now!. Can't restore using home/sleep button combo! Can't restore through Itunes as wants me to turn of 'Find my ipad' in icloud through Ipad settings but screen is frozen!! HELP!

My Ipad 2 has a broken home button - so I am using the floating home button on screen

My screen has no frozen

I can't restore using home/sleep button combo as it wont work!

I can't restore through Itunes as wants me to turn off 'Find my ipad' in icloud through Ipad settings but I cant get past the frozen screen.

I seem to be stuck.

Can anyone help please?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 2:04 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2014 8:36 PM in response to fpsman

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad (if you can turn off iPad)

2. Turn on computer and launch iTune (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTune and plug (very important)

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTune has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTune.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note: Data will be lost

Ipad 2. Broken home button - so floating home button in use. Frozen screen now!. Can't restore using home/sleep button combo! Can't restore through Itunes as wants me to turn of 'Find my ipad' in icloud through Ipad settings but screen is frozen!! HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.