Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export a project in iMovie (Error code -50)

Hi Everybody,

I get a rendering error (error code -50) by trying to export my project in iMovie as File, Youtube or Vimeo. I am using OSX 10.9 and imovie 10.0.1? Any Ideas?! Would be great! Movie is approximately about 900mb and about 9 minutes long.

Thx,

Christian

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 2:21 AM

5 replies

Dec 20, 2013 3:19 PM in response to multilayerperceptron

Am having the exact same problem: cannot save to anything, e.g. file, Vimeo,

Called support and they are equallly baffled. Scanned this site for soluton and found we're not alone. Not sure if Apple even aware. Support had me download files for analysis by engineers. Am hoping for solution in 3-5 days.

In meantime, made the exact same video with iMovie 9 using the exact same clips from the same source and had zero problems.

BTW if you haven't seen iMovie 10, its appearance is drastically different from its predecessors. It's considerably more difficult to navigate, call up transitions and adjust clips. Audio fades, while possible, are very difficult. Could go will stop in the interest of brevity.

In short, will post solution here if/when Apple comes up with one.

Export a project in iMovie (Error code -50)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.