Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 5 won't turn on

So this past few days my phone battery percentage is acting weird like stuck. My battery percentage shows 51% for 2 hours, so I force open it (home&sleep button) then the battery shows 12% a few minutes then the screen gets glitchy and it restarting itself again and the battery shows 3% !! It keeps restarting itself for 5-6 times and the battery also changed. Today my battery shows 3% even when I charged for an hour it still won't increase/decrease so I decided not to charge jd just use it until the phone suddenly dies (maybe the battery is died) then I connect it to charger and the phone turn on itself showing the battery at 1% And it charges for 10 minutes and the battery stays at 1% so I force close again (home & sleep button) and it shows 100% so I just left it there to charge when I came back my phone is showing the apple logo for 2 seconds and it turn off and shows the logo again and fade shows the logo and fade. It keeps repeating so many times! When I unplugged it from charger, the phone just completely turn off and won't turn on at all even when I force open it. It only turn on when I plugged the charger and it just show the logo then fade and show again and fade that'so all. I tried to connect to iTunes but itunes doesn't even detect the cable at all as if I haven't plugged any cable to the computer. Now I just plugged my phone to the charger and that logo fading thing is keep repeating for half an hour already Pleaseeeee help me... Anyone?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 5:59 AM

8 replies

Nov 30, 2013 3:57 AM in response to Starrifyxx

I am also having exactly the same issue, ever since I installed the latest update, my iPhone has been randomly shutting down, re-starting (eventually). I have restored as a new phone from itunes, and restored from a previous back up but the problem continued. I am now not able to start the phone at all, all thats happening is the apple logo apprears in the centre of the screen, and the fades off again, over and over and over. This is a company phone which I use to track all my e-mails and this is causing me some real issues. HELP !!!!

Dec 21, 2013 11:38 AM in response to Starrifyxx

Maybe it could be the charger as my cousin had exacly the same problem with her ipad. she only had it for a year and as soon as it was charging it was just turning back off again even if it was still on charge, but to be fair she did leave it for quite a while without charging it, so it could be than if you havent charged it in a while.

hope it helped🙂

Dec 22, 2013 9:08 AM in response to Starrifyxx

I had this same issue this morning and I was ready to bring my iPhone 5 to apple store when I decided to update the softwawre to the latest one 7.0.4 v. I have not not updated my software since the first 7.0 version. I also freed up some space as I am almost full by deleting some songs. So far after the upgrade plus freeing some of the space have resolved the issue. it doesnt restart anymore. i know it was scary to see it restarting over and over with apple logo fading byut this fix seems to be working for my phone.

IPhone 5 won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.