2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 1:08 PM by wca104
wca104 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Just upgraded(?) to iMovie 10.  I am trying to send the current project to iDVD but can't figure out how this is done.  I am using a 15" macBook Pro Retina with an external Apple Superdrive.  Seems as though Apple is forcing the use of iCloud. 

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), OS X now a 10.9
  • QuickTimeKirk Level 9 Level 9 (50,560 points)

You need to "Share" to "file" and then import it to iDVD.

iDVD has been discontinued by Apple so the options for it have been removed from iMovie version 10.

• wca104 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

OK, this solved the problem but it seems an inelegant solution to a problem that shouldn't exist.  Seems like the execs at Apple have the idea that we all need to be using their cloud.  Just a couple of short HD movies will use up all the 5gigs that they so generously provide at no charge.  After that is rent space on a year by year basis.  Just one more money grab from an especially greedy company.  Is there somebody that can insert a piece of clear plexiglass in the coporate abdomen so they can see what they're doing while they have their head up their ***? 

My apologies. Didn't start off intending a rant.  The solution worked and I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thanks