Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iMovie 10 still communicate with iDVD

Just upgraded(?) to iMovie 10. I am trying to send the current project to iDVD but can't figure out how this is done. I am using a 15" macBook Pro Retina with an external Apple Superdrive. Seems as though Apple is forcing the use of iCloud.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), OS X now a 10.9

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 9:09 AM

You need to "Share" to "file" and then import it to iDVD.

iDVD has been discontinued by Apple so the options for it have been removed from iMovie version 10.

2 replies

Nov 24, 2013 1:08 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

OK, this solved the problem but it seems an inelegant solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. Seems like the execs at Apple have the idea that we all need to be using their cloud. Just a couple of short HD movies will use up all the 5gigs that they so generously provide at no charge. After that is rent space on a year by year basis. Just one more money grab from an especially greedy company. Is there somebody that can insert a piece of clear plexiglass in the coporate abdomen so they can see what they're doing while they have their head up their ***?

My apologies. Didn't start off intending a rant. The solution worked and I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thanks 🙂

Does iMovie 10 still communicate with iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.