Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer all my 1,800+ photos from my iPhone 4S camera roll to my new iPhone 5S?

Hey! Please help me...
I recently bought a new 32 GB iPhone 5S to replace my old iPhone 4S. I have 1,800+ on my iPhone 4S' camera roll, and I'd like to transfer all these photos to my iPhone 5S so I can get rid of my old phone. How can I do that? I synced through iCloud but it didn't work.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 9:12 AM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2013 10:01 AM in response to youthought08

If you restore from the lastest backup made by your 4S, your iPhone 5S will look just like how your 4S was when you backed it up last (that includes pictures). If you don't have the same apps on your 4S that you do on the 5S now, they will be deleted. But, you can redownload those apps from the App Store for free since your already purchased them!

-Hope this helped!

Nov 24, 2013 10:02 AM in response to youthought08

Another alternative is that you could import the pictures from your iPhone 4S to your computer using the following instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

After the pictures are on your computer you could than sync them back to your 5S using iTunes and the following instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

When they are synced back to the phone they will be in Photos but in separate albums or events from the Camera Roll. You can organize them on your computer before you sync back if you desire. If you want to change the organization later you can do that and sync again. One advantage to this method is that the pictures will be on both your phone and your computer and can be viewed on your computer, included in your computer backup etc.

Nov 26, 2013 10:56 PM in response to youthought08

I have the same problem. My system About page shows 800+ photos, but there aren't any on my phone. I can transfer photos from my iPhone's camera roll to my computer with iPhone to computer transfer, this is the resource: How to Copy Pictures from iPhone 4/4s/5 to Computer Windows 7/8 and Mac

After you copy photos form your iPhone to computer, then just sync your photos to new iPhone with iTunes.

How can I transfer all my 1,800+ photos from my iPhone 4S camera roll to my new iPhone 5S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.