Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the ability of FCP X without hang-up?

I am using Mac Book Pro with retina display OS X Mavericks 10.9(Processor: 2.3 GHz, Intel core i7, Memory: 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3). In one project, approximately upto how many GB of HD content can the FCP X take the load without the color wheel indication of hang-up? Can I go upto 100 GB of HD content to work smoothly? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 9:50 AM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2013 6:14 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Codecs: Linear PCM, XDCAM EX HD420 1080p30(35 Mb/s). Size of the video file is 100 GB or even more. Mac Book Pro with retina display OS X Mavericks 10.9 (Processor:2.3 GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3)

In spite of the huge size of the video, can it work smooth in FCP X without hang-up OR what factors of my specification could limit the smooth working.

Or will it be required to change my machine to a higher one like Mac Pro the one which is going to release by DEC to make it work smooth?

Sep 23, 2015 4:28 AM in response to success1975

success1975 wrote:

In spite of the huge size of the video, can it work smooth in FCP X without hang-up OR what factors of my specification could limit the smooth working.

Suggestion: Download the 30 trial and find out first hand.

Limitations on processing your big clip are goingto be more a function of your hardware than FCPX.

Russ

What is the ability of FCP X without hang-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.