Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Avery Label template in Pages '09

Hello,

I've been using an Avery Label Template for 8164 for several years and through several versions of Pages. It was working fine all the way up through Pages '08. I've now installed Pages '09 and although I can "open" the file, the labels are completely distorted and I receive the error message:

Objects in table cells were removed.

OS X Spotlight search information was removed.

I've gone back to the avery site, downloaded a blank label template and to recreate what I had, however these templates appear to be misaligned as well. Is there anyway to force Pages '09 to support older Pages documents in the original format?

If not, can return my Pages '09 and resume using Pages '08?

Many Thanks!

Pages '09-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 10:39 AM

It sounds like you haven't installed Pages '09 you have installed Pages 5 for Mavericks.

Pages 5 has over 90 other features removed and does a terrible job of opening older files:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=b14426a2c5af2 65f2213d98ee45f08d7&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Pages '08/'09 should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Export your Pages 5 files to Pages '09 or Word .docx and trash/archive Pages 5.

Then rate/review Pages 5 in the App Store.

Peter

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2013 10:39 AM in response to cazoo

It sounds like you haven't installed Pages '09 you have installed Pages 5 for Mavericks.

Pages 5 has over 90 other features removed and does a terrible job of opening older files:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=b14426a2c5af2 65f2213d98ee45f08d7&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Pages '08/'09 should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Export your Pages 5 files to Pages '09 or Word .docx and trash/archive Pages 5.

Then rate/review Pages 5 in the App Store.

Peter

Avery Label template in Pages '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.