Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free apple apps with mac

Nearly a year ago I broght a macbook air 11" 2012 at Jhon lewis with a 5 year garantee, well my parents and grandma did for christmas, and all apple mac's come with some free apple apps,when I first set up my Macbook I set it up with my Fathers apple ID and later I made my own and could still use those apps such as iphoto imovie, then I completely wiped my mac and I set it back up using the recovery system (wich was painfully anoying) I did this to get rid of unwanted files on my mac, wich I could not reach as they where hidden and could not remove them any other way, anyway after this I set my mac up a new with my apple ID and I could no longer acsess those apple apps wich can free with my macbook and after googleing multiplue searches started to think I could not retreve these so I broght two of those apps imovie and pages, but I think I purchesed pages I dont think it came with anyway, but now I am needing some of the other applacations including iphoto and I am thinking It will cost me a fortune to buy all of these apps back and there SOULD be a way to retreive them, so here Im asking you if I can and how, thank you!ℹ😕 So if you could help me it woud be much aprechiated because its hard for a 13 year old to afford it. ££££££££££??????????

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 11:14 AM

Legally, by logging into your fathers account and downloading the apps, you stole them. It could be argued that since you're a minor and his child that you have rightful access to them as well.....

You'll have to ask your dad to allow you to take them from his account again, or buy them.

10 replies

Nov 24, 2013 11:24 AM in response to DieselFuelForLife

Thanks this helped me thogh they where NOT his apps as I said all macs come free with them, but ur saying that they would be on his account? And I could go on there and download them? I will try, just again they canot be his he does not own a mac, we'll he owns and old 1 of eBay but he does not use it, the iCloud was from his iphone, my my Mums, my brothers and mine, the family iPad and iTunes on the family pc.

Nov 24, 2013 12:34 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy wrote:

Are you a lawyer?

Yes, I am.

Any further ad hominem attacks you wish to voice?

Thanks this helped me thogh they where NOT his apps as I said all macs come free with them

That is not true. iMovie is a $15 app that is part of the iLife suite. Pages is also NOT a free, its a $20 app part of the iWorks suite. The iWorks apps are only free if you have purchaced them in the past and have them already installed on your computer.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pages/id409201541?mt=12&ls=1

Nov 24, 2013 12:41 PM in response to Kappy

I made no ad hominem attack. I merely asked a legitimate question and noted that if you were'nt then you should let people know you aren't legally qualified. If you consider that an attack, despite ending my remark with the smiley, then perhaps they are right - not enough sand. Now, that is an ad hominem attack.

Nov 24, 2013 12:49 PM in response to DieselFuelForLife

Sorry but you are obviously verry ignorant I think I paid 4 the pages via my Dads account and I know what you are saying, that it is a paid app but even b4 I opend the box it was there IT WAS PREINSTALLED like I said and iCloud is ment 4 sharing so I'm not doing anything plus I asked my Dad and he said that I am allowed to share apps as it Is sort of also my account, my mac is bacicly his, except my iCloud it's registered as his mac it dosent matter even if it wasn't, he is a policeman (And not one of those helper ones whatever they are called, I did not post this question for a court trial! Plus ur a LAYER not a judge u defend over your knowledge you r not in atheists to do anything to anyone!

Nov 24, 2013 12:57 PM in response to BozoBomber

BozoBomber

You can actually call Apple and give them your Apple user info and your APP STORE purchases can be RESET (done it before).

Upon being reset, anything that should be on your Macbook, OR which you bought can be downloaded again.

ℹSorry another poster has treated you in an unkind and uncouth fashion, most all posters here are helpful and at the very least kind to those needing help. 😍 Dont draw any conclusions from such an exchange that was less than kind or helpful to you.

Apple will need your Macbook Serial number and some account information, and then RESET your purchases you may have missing.

Peace 😊

Nov 24, 2013 1:45 PM in response to BozoBomber

BozoBomber wrote:

it was there IT WAS PREINSTALLED

That means your dad bought it with the Mac. All you have to do is exactly as I suggested before,

ask your dad to allow you to take them from his account again.

Simple as that! There is no need for you to have a hissy fit and call me names for trying to help you.

BozoBomber wrote:

like I said and iCloud is ment 4 sharing

1: You never said anything about iCloud.

2: iCloud is for backup and personal remote data access, not sharing software.

Oh and why the he'll did u direct me to the iphone/ipod/iPad app not the mac one?

1: Please don't cuss.

2: It changes nothing, the prices or description.

Here are the Mac links:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pages/id409201541?mt=12&ls=1

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id408981434?mt=12&ls=1

Free apple apps with mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.