Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Retina stops charging at 9x%

Hi guys,

So since I've got my iPad mini retina, I've now drained it complete twice.

Both times I've charged it back to full.

The first time I charged, I noticed it charged to 96%, then just said "not charging". I managed to fiddle with it a bit, and eventually got it to display at 100%, so I had let it go.

This second time, I've charged It back from 0, and it went to 93% and then said "not chatting". I've fiddled with it, turned it on and off, and now it still gets to 97% and then stop.

I've left it on charge for total of about 8 hours. Even changed the charger to make sure not overheat issue... Nothing, still seems to stop just shy of 100%.

Anyone else having this problem?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 11:01 AM

7 replies

Dec 5, 2013 1:59 PM in response to borzy

I have the same issue. Mine stops charging when it reaches about 80-85% with the msg "not charging". I was really annoyed to see this on my new ipad mini retina. I leave it on the charger despite what it says and I realized it is charging up to 100%. I believe this must be some software glitch but I still want this fixed... I really want to know what apple has to say about this.

iPad Mini Retina stops charging at 9x%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.