Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Noise Reduction - I have seen the light!

Hi all,

I have been struggeling all the time with Aperture's poor Noise Reduction brick - I even bought Topaz Denoise, which is doing wonderful noise reduction, but at the price of giving up on the even more wonderful non-destructive workflow in Aperture.

Today I stumbled across the Noise Reduction slider in the "Raw Fine Tuning" brick, and - lo and behold - this is doing wonders! Looks like I finally found a solution for the occasional high-ISO-image that I have to shoot every now and then, even if my new Panasonic GX7 produces VERY little noise up to ISO 3200/6400...

Question: Why is this capability hidden in the "Raw Fine Tuning" brick, instead of making it available in the "regular" noise reduction brick? This does not make any sense to me...

Take care

Christof

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Because it's handled as part of the raw decoding process where it's easier to remove the noise before the raw sharpening (needed to counteract the OLPF/AA Filter) takes place.

Once sharpening has happened, the noise has been emphasized and is harder to remove.

Andy

2 replies

Aperture Noise Reduction - I have seen the light!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.