Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wont let me login

I'm trying to login to authorize my laptop, for my ipod touch 3rd generation, and when I try to login it says that it could not complete my request and that the itunes store is temprarily unavailable and I've tried to login ike everyday for a week. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I can do to authorize my laptop?

Thanks 🙂

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 2:55 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 2:57 PM in response to flyawaybirdiexo

Hello there, flyawaybirdiexo.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some good pointers for troubleshooting connection issues with the iTunes Store:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1368

Particularly:

Troubleshoot issues in Windows

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day (and other customers on our discussion boards aren't experiencing similar issues) a software or Internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue may be blocking your access to the iTunes Store. Find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access.

Note: The hosts file may be blocking the iTunes Store. Microsoft's article How do I reset the hosts file back to the default? has instructions and a FixIt to have Windows try to reset the hosts defaults for you. Note: Some workplaces may put internal resources in the hosts file and may block iTunes Store. The FixIt doesn't work for Windows 8. To create a copy of your hosts file and replace it with an empty hosts file, follow the instructions below:
  1. You can find the hosts file at: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC.
  2. Select the hosts file. There should now be a duplicate of the hosts file named "Copy of hosts" (Windows XP) or "hosts-copy" (Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8).
  3. Drag the original hosts file to your desktop.
  4. Right-click the duplicate file and choose Open. You may be prompted to choose the program you want to use to open this file. Double-click Notepad.
  5. When Notepad opens, choose Edit > Select All.
  6. Choose Edit > Delete.
  7. Choose File > Save.
  8. Close Notepad.
  9. Right-click the duplicate file, and choose Rename.
  10. Type "hosts" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
  11. Restart your computer and try connecting to the iTunes Store.

If you still can't connect to the iTunes Store, your security software or firewall may be blocking the ability of iTunes to communicate with the Internet. Learn how to resolve security software issues.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Wont let me login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.