Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix my display?

I unplugged my HDMI cable from my Mac-Air and part of the screen stopped working. Theres a multicolored bar (it has verticle stripes that change colour based on the background) at the top and a white blob (stays white but has streaks of colour throughout). The screen works behind it, but the display isn't working, so I can still click thing behind it, I just cant see. What do I do? It's version 10.8.5

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 5:55 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2013 2:15 AM in response to Leslie53211

Hmm, I expect you have probably tried these things already but I think this is what I would do. Hope one of these works for you:

1. Close the lid to put the laptop (and display) to sleep and then wake it back up again.

2. Shut down and then reboot the laptop

If neither of these work I would consider booting into safe mode. If your display is still wonky in all these situations, and you have definitely shut it down in step 2, I would be considering a visit to the Apple Store as you may have a hardware issue.

Ivan

How do I fix my display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.