Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband and I share his apple ID on our iphone5s. I created own Apple ID. How can I put it on my phone for own iCloud and keep joint itunes?

My husband and I presently share his Apple ID on our respective 5c iPhones. I want my own iCloud account. I created an Apple ID for myself.

1} how do I change from his apple ID in my phone

2) how do I continue to use the joint iTunes account under his name

3) see below - how do I switch the iTunes account to my apple ID

Also, under a totally different subject. My husbands iPhone was just stolen while he was doing volunteer disaster work in the Philippines. Since he did not have internet access I was not able to wipe out his phone on Find My iPhone until about 8 hours after it was stolen. After he found a way to call me back in the states, I wiped out all his data using FInd My iphone, notified Verizon and they suspended service.

Because the nonplan iPhones are so expensive ($600 +) I think he will buy an Android when he returns. Is there any way to transfer what is on our iTunes account to his Android?

The Verizon service person told me that whoever stole it will not be able to use the phone as it has been reported stolen. I can not imagine that is correct as there seems to be a thriving secondary market online. Is that correct? I am concerned that some super technical person will be able to retrieve data that was purged via Find My iPhone.... Is there anything else I should do?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 7:16 PM

There are no replies.

My husband and I share his apple ID on our iphone5s. I created own Apple ID. How can I put it on my phone for own iCloud and keep joint itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.