Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix my iPod Touch 4g (32 GB, white)?

The lock/sleep button doesn't work, and it has a black spot in the top right corner. The screen doesn't turn on, yet itTunes recognizes my iPod when plugged into the computer. This all started when i plugged my iPod into my iHome docking-station and 'clicked' the lock screen. The company my warranty is under said it had "compression damage". This doesn't make any sense to me; why would something as simple as plugging my iPod into my dock and locking the screen do SO much damage to my iPod? I only had it for alittle over a year, and it has only been dropped (maybe) twice, TOPS! I never take it out of its OtterBox, either! What do I do? Thanks in advance!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5, 4th-gen, 32 GB, white

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 5:42 AM

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store and hear what they have to say.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

You will have to talk to your warranty company about their conclusion. I think copression damage may be that the the iPod was compressed, like sleeping on it.

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for your 32 GB 4G. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2013 5:42 AM in response to iPodPride62

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store and hear what they have to say.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

You will have to talk to your warranty company about their conclusion. I think copression damage may be that the the iPod was compressed, like sleeping on it.

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $99 for your 32 GB 4G. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

How can I fix my iPod Touch 4g (32 GB, white)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.