Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having major trouble with Pages app. on my iPad. I've used it and loved it for years, but now all of a sudden I try to open it and it disappears or goes completely blank, and then back to the start screen! Tried reloading it. Nothing is helping. Help!

Having Major trouble with Pages app for iPad. My iPad is up to date. Pages is as well. I tried unloading & reloading it; didn't help. I've used pages successfully for years on my Mac and my iPad (2) and now all of a sudden it goes blank, won't open & every time I retry it goes back to the beginning and then shuts down. Totally not functioning! This is very disturbing! Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, I've updated Pages

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 8:26 PM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2013 6:12 AM in response to bubbyfrommonsey

Welcome to the Apple Community.

1. Open Pages on your computer and move any documents in iCloud to your desktop for safe keeping.
  2. Navigate to system preferences > iCloud > Manage and check that Pages documents are not taking any space in the cloud, delete them if they are.
  3. Enable iCloud syncing for Pages on your mobile device and launch the App.
  4. If Pages now opens properly, start to add back documents from your desktop one at a time (or in small groups if you have many).

Nov 26, 2013 4:52 AM in response to bubbyfrommonsey

Thanks very much for the help - this did correct the difficulty I was having with pages and my iPad, though I did lose some data & it was frustratingly time consuming - I did carefully move everything in pages (on my computer) onto my computer from the cloud as you suggested, but from the ipad there was clearly unsaved data that got lost in the documents, updated material, that I couldn't access. I wish the pages on ipad had a clear way of flagging me that a doc needs to be saved. Question: When I return a document back to "documents" on the ipad, does that automatically save it? will that prevent this from happening again?

Having major trouble with Pages app. on my iPad. I've used it and loved it for years, but now all of a sudden I try to open it and it disappears or goes completely blank, and then back to the start screen! Tried reloading it. Nothing is helping. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.