Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic photo adjustment in Aperture (3.5.1)

I’m running Aperture (3.5.1), and I use it for most of my photo editing. However, sometimes, I like to use a preset (such as monochrome) on my camera when I shoot. When I import the photo to Aperture however, the preset will go away. So, if I shoot a photo with the monochrome preset, in my camera, it's shown in black and white -- but when I import it to Aperture, after the program loads the photo, it changes to the standard colour version. Toggling to show the original image doesn't do anything, and I don't know how I can get my camera's edit back.

Can anyone tell me the reason for this, or let me know how I can 'fix' it?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 8:14 PM

I just explained this pretty carefully in this thread so have a read:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5595006?answerId=23900097022#23900097022&ac_cid=ha123456#23900097

Black & White is also another picture style that has data not available to Aperture.

Two options you have if you want B&W:

1) Shoot JPEG and use the JPEG. Because RAW files have color data.

2) Create an import preset that converts to black & white and use it on photos when you import them. You may not like the default conversion so this is maybe not that useful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2013 8:14 PM in response to Joel W.

I just explained this pretty carefully in this thread so have a read:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5595006?answerId=23900097022#23900097022&ac_cid=ha123456#23900097

Black & White is also another picture style that has data not available to Aperture.

Two options you have if you want B&W:

1) Shoot JPEG and use the JPEG. Because RAW files have color data.

2) Create an import preset that converts to black & white and use it on photos when you import them. You may not like the default conversion so this is maybe not that useful.

Automatic photo adjustment in Aperture (3.5.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.