Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto won't open

I have been using iphoto since I got this computer a few years ago but lately when I try to download a pic from someone's iphone, my iphoto shows it needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto. It indicates that previous versions of iphoto will not be readable after the upgrade. I always press Quit & do not accept the upgrade & in the past my iphoto has opened as usual. Today this notice came up when I tried to open iphoto & after I clicked Quit, the iphoto will not open at all. It will not open when I connect my camera to download new photos either.

I have a backup for my info so hope my pics are somewhere.....Any ideas how to open iphoto?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 8:16 PM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2013 10:07 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Sorry I should have indicated that the photo was sent to my email then I tried to load it to my iphoto.

I guess I should have asked, if I upgrade my iphoto library to work with this version of iphoto, will I still be able to view my current photos that I have in my photo library? as the box says "your photo library will not be readable by previous versions of iphoto after the upgrade"

Thanks

Nov 25, 2013 12:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Now I tried to upgrade when prompted & this is what appeared

"You can't open your current photo library using this version of iphoto.

You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto."

As far as I know I have never installed a newer version.

Should I now go to the Apple store & purchase iphoto Version 9.5? Do you think that might work?

Thnaks

Iphoto won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.