Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get track names won't work

When I add audio files to iTunes the option to get track names won't work, it says I need to re-import the music using iTunes. How do I do that? (I don't have the cd's I've only got the music as mp3 files)

Windows XP

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 11:52 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2013 3:24 AM in response to LiamB92

It only works for tracks that iTunes was directly resonsible for ripping when it still retains identifying data from the original disc.

If your files are set out with sensible file and folder names, i.e. <Album Artist>\<Album>\## <Name>.<Ext> then disable the advanced preferences to Keep... & Copy... before you add to iTunes (otherwise it will rename them) and use my script TagFromFilename. If you have the files stored in some other layout then MediaMonkey has a similar feature called Auto-Tag from Filename that you can customise, and another called Auto-Tag from Web which should help if you can at least pick up or enter the album and artist information.

tt2

Get track names won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.