Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with "sorting by composer"

Hello to all of you,

I'm writing this subject to get some help. I'm trying to sort my music by composers on iTunes 11. So, I write down the "Composer" like "Johann Sebastian Bach", and everything is fine on the composer view : I have "Johann Sebastian Bach" :

User uploaded file

Then I'm going to the "Sort by composer" Field, and I write "Bach" for all the Johan Sebastian Bach Music. I'm closing iTunes and reopen it (or else, composer view is not refreshed - perhaps there is a trick to force refreshing ?) and TADAM, my Bach entry becomes two :

User uploaded file

I've tried to change the view with Option+J, but nothing works, I've got two Johann Sebastian Bach, and two Bach/Busoni.

So I'm cleaning the "sort by composer" field, and the two Johan Sebastian Bach becomes one entry again.

It does the same with a lot of others composers. Don't know how to get the things right...

Could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9), iTunes 11.1.3

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 11:59 PM

2 replies

Help with "sorting by composer"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.