Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have at least a malware, or it could be worst. Need to know where in app store "Virus Barrier or CLANXAV

I am not sure exactly what happen, but I was reading my e-mail and I like the article. Since I was slow in typing , I notice some strange additional typing not my own while checking my spelling/tenses. Frankly, in my personal opinion, it is more a of compliment for the well- written article I meant to the people very close to me. I think nothing of the offensive insertions which whoever wrote must be in real bad mood to disagree with my point of view. That is if anybody can do that i must have a malware , a trojan, or must be re-directed. I took out the offensive words, put my own opinion & sent my e-mail which failed. Need to verify if it is true?

iPad, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 1:48 AM

5 replies

Nov 25, 2013 3:21 AM in response to RubyTuesday001

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you be a little clearer about exactly what happened? It sounds like someone may have modified something you wrote somewhere, but I have no idea where or how. Getting a clear description of the symptoms will be extremely important for identifying the cause.

Your profile indicates that you are running the latest version of Mountain Lion (Mac OS X 10.8.5), but you have posted in the Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) forum. Which system are you running? (Check by choosing About This Mac from the Apple menu).

I suspect, since you mentioned the App Store in your subject, that you are running Mountain Lion. In that case, it's very unlikely that this is malware. There is currently no known malware capable of infecting that system.

Nov 27, 2013 8:09 PM in response to RubyTuesday001

No Mac has ever been impacted by Malware without users playing risky behavior. Peer2peer, torrent, opening attachments that have extensions Mac can read (.exe is not a normal Mac extension) from an unverifiable source are risky behavior. It is known as "social engineering" when someone does something against their own will that opens a trojan horse to attack. While none are known in the wild, there are other things that behave almost like malware you need to be wary of. Macs don't need optimization software. They do need backup software.

So the question is what set of behaviors from your computer made you react the way you did?

Have at least a malware, or it could be worst. Need to know where in app store "Virus Barrier or CLANXAV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.