Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Outlook Calendar and Reminders Sync Issue

The changes I make on my PC in my iCloud Outlook calendar do not sync with my iphone. Same problem with reminders too.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, Windows 7, iCloud

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 6:57 AM

Hi fmkennedy,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your iCloud calendar in Outlook isn't syncing with your iPhone, these troubleshooting steps can help:

If you're having trouble with iCloud Calendar on a PC (with Outlook 2007 or later), try each of these steps, testing after each to see if the issue is resolved.

Note: iCloud Control Panel does not support Outlook 2010 Personal Edition. When using iCloud Control Panel 2.0 and later, iCloud Calendar event descriptions in Outlook 2010 do not support text formatting (bold, italics, or underline), HTML, images, or attachments. The contextual menu (right-click) has also been disabled.

• Verify that you are using a Windows configuration supported by iCloud.
  • Make sure that your computer is online. Attempt to view www.apple.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud calendars and events will not update in Outlook. Learn about troubleshooting your Internet connection.
  • Open a secure website to test if ports 80 and 443 are accessible. Outlook requires port 443 access to iCloud to push and fetch updates to and from the iCloud Calendar servers.
  • Verify that your iCloud member name is entered into the iCloud Control Panel window. Learn about setting up iCloud on Windows.
  • Close and reopen the iCloud Control Panel.
  • Make sure that iCloud is not your default account in Outlook:
    • In Outlook 2013 and 2010, select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account and click Set as Default.
    • In Outlook 2007, select File > Data File Management > Data Files. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account and click Set as Default.
  • If you recently made changes in Outlook and they are not updating on your other devices or vice versa, click the Refresh button in Outlook.
  • Turn iCloud Calendar off and back on:
    1. Close Outlook.
    2. Open the Windows Control Panel:
      • In Windows 8, go to the Start screen, then click the iCloud tile.
      • In Windows 7, choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
    3. Deselect the checkbox next to Mail, Contacts, Calendars & Tasks, and click Apply. Wait a few seconds, then replace the checkmark and click Apply.
    4. Open Outlook and test to see if the issue has been resolved.
  • Make sure that the iCloud Outlook Add-in is active within Outlook:
    1. Outlook 2013 and 2010:
      1. Open Outlook 2013 or 2010.
      2. Click the File menu.
      3. Click Options in the left panel of the Outlook window.
      4. Click Add-Ins in the left panel of the Outlook Options window.
      5. Look at the list of add-ins beneath "Active Application Add-Ins" and verify that "iCloud Outlook Add-in" is listed.
    2. Outlook 2007:
      1. Open Outlook 2007.
      2. From the Tools menu, choose Trust Center.
      3. Select Add-ins from the left column.
      4. Look at the list of add-ins beneath "Active Application Add-Ins" and verify that "iCloud Outlook Add-in" is listed.
    3. Learn more about managing Add-ins with Microsoft Outlook.
  • Restart your computer. This may sound simple, but it reinitializes your network and application settings and can frequently resolve issues.

You can find the article with these steps here:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3999

Best,

Jeremy

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2013 6:57 AM in response to fmkennedy

Hi fmkennedy,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your iCloud calendar in Outlook isn't syncing with your iPhone, these troubleshooting steps can help:

If you're having trouble with iCloud Calendar on a PC (with Outlook 2007 or later), try each of these steps, testing after each to see if the issue is resolved.

Note: iCloud Control Panel does not support Outlook 2010 Personal Edition. When using iCloud Control Panel 2.0 and later, iCloud Calendar event descriptions in Outlook 2010 do not support text formatting (bold, italics, or underline), HTML, images, or attachments. The contextual menu (right-click) has also been disabled.

• Verify that you are using a Windows configuration supported by iCloud.
  • Make sure that your computer is online. Attempt to view www.apple.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud calendars and events will not update in Outlook. Learn about troubleshooting your Internet connection.
  • Open a secure website to test if ports 80 and 443 are accessible. Outlook requires port 443 access to iCloud to push and fetch updates to and from the iCloud Calendar servers.
  • Verify that your iCloud member name is entered into the iCloud Control Panel window. Learn about setting up iCloud on Windows.
  • Close and reopen the iCloud Control Panel.
  • Make sure that iCloud is not your default account in Outlook:
    • In Outlook 2013 and 2010, select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account and click Set as Default.
    • In Outlook 2007, select File > Data File Management > Data Files. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account and click Set as Default.
  • If you recently made changes in Outlook and they are not updating on your other devices or vice versa, click the Refresh button in Outlook.
  • Turn iCloud Calendar off and back on:
    1. Close Outlook.
    2. Open the Windows Control Panel:
      • In Windows 8, go to the Start screen, then click the iCloud tile.
      • In Windows 7, choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
    3. Deselect the checkbox next to Mail, Contacts, Calendars & Tasks, and click Apply. Wait a few seconds, then replace the checkmark and click Apply.
    4. Open Outlook and test to see if the issue has been resolved.
  • Make sure that the iCloud Outlook Add-in is active within Outlook:
    1. Outlook 2013 and 2010:
      2. Click the File menu.
      5. Look at the list of add-ins beneath "Active Application Add-Ins" and verify that "iCloud Outlook Add-in" is listed.
    2. Outlook 2007:
      1. Open Outlook 2007.
      2. From the Tools menu, choose Trust Center.
      3. Select Add-ins from the left column.
      4. Look at the list of add-ins beneath "Active Application Add-Ins" and verify that "iCloud Outlook Add-in" is listed.
    3. Learn more about managing Add-ins with Microsoft Outlook.
  • Restart your computer. This may sound simple, but it reinitializes your network and application settings and can frequently resolve issues.

You can find the article with these steps here:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3999

Best,

Jeremy

Jan 18, 2014 11:13 AM in response to jeremy_v

After using these steps posted by jeremy to check for the iCloud add in in outlook.

Outlook 2013 and 2010:

2. Click the File menu.

I had to also verify the addin was not disabled by Outlook before the iCloud sync would work

1. Outlook 2013

1. Open Outlook 2013
    2. Click File menu
    3. In right panel click "Slow and Disabled Add-Ins"
    4. If "iCloud Outlook Add-In" is listed and the "Always enable this add-in" is displayed, click it. "Disable this add-in" option will appear.
    5. Click close to return to Outlookl

Dec 16, 2014 10:52 PM in response to chucks4mah

Hi Chucks4mah,

i have been all over the internet searching for a solution and just came by your reply.

I was checking he add ins and noticed that i have the below:

1- itunes outlook add-in is listed under: inactive application add ins

2- icloud outlook add in is listed under: disabled application add ins

User uploaded file

(i have attached a print-screen for your reference)

the thing is, when i click on the "add in option" tab i get the following message "there are no add-in property pages to display" (attached a print screen as well)

User uploaded file

do you have any idea how i can solve it?

I have tried to to click on manage add-ins and check both applications, but it only seems to work with the itunes outlook add-in. whenever i check the icloud add in and click ok, i exit outlook and then check it back and it is still listed as disabled.

User uploaded file

Sep 8, 2015 9:49 AM in response to fmkennedy

Fuggedaboutit. It ain't gonna happen. I spent days trying to make this work, including a 3 hour session with the Geeks. Download the iCloud control panel from iCloud.com, pin the calendar icon to your task bar and be done with it. Moreover, the other features available in the control panel are operative and useful on your PC. For example, i can generate a shopping list on my PC and when i get to the store, there it is on my iPhone. This has the added advantage of being able to view your calendar and your emails at the same time.

iCloud Outlook Calendar and Reminders Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.