Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail and Notes stopped working on my Macbook after 10.8.5 upgrade iOS7 upgrade

Hello

I recently upgraded my system to 10.8.5.

I also recently upgraded my 2 iphones to iOS7.

Then i found out my Notes were not syncing on my macbook pro, but the sync works fine on both iphones and when i check the iCloud website, they are also updated.

Then mail also stopped working and after reading some posts on this forum, i understand that mail and notes are somehow connected (both using IMAP?)..

I can't configure my iCloud email account on the mail app, i get a "iCloud IMAP « p03-imap.mail.me.com » not responding" answer, whatever i do. I tried deleting the account, deleting all entries linked to the mail app in the keychain, changing my iCloud password to match new apple password requirements.... nothing works.

And all my other email accounts don't work anymore either. Mail just won't connect with any Imap or Pop server.

My internet works fine, I can access all those emails account via webmail interfaces.

Again, my iCloud works fine on all other iOS7 devices.

What's the problem??

Thanks

jk

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 3:50 AM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2013 12:25 PM in response to jimibazz

Mail.

Hold down the option key and go to Finder/Go, then select your User Library. Select Containers/com.apple.mail. Move the folder com.apple.mail to your desktop. You must move the entire folder, not just the contents.

Re-launch Mail and test. If the problem is solved, recreate any required Mail settings and import any emails you want to save from the folder on the desktop. You can then put the folder in the Trash. If the problem remains, return the folder to where you got it replacing the one that is there.

Information learned from Linc Davis.

Mail and Notes stopped working on my Macbook after 10.8.5 upgrade iOS7 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.