Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wipe iPhone linked to iCloud but with No Service?

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 that is linked to my iCloud account for Mail, Calendar etc. Unfortunately it was driven over and so no longer has working WiFi or the ability to connect to the network. I would like to wipe the phone but when I go into Settings-General-Erase All Data is asks for my iCloud password but when unable to connect (because of no network or WiFi) I have no option other than cancelling.

I have tried connecting the iPhone to iTunes, which does see it. However in order to Restore iPhone I have to turn off "Find my Iphone" which I cannot do because of no network etc.

Is there another way to wipe an iphone that is linked to iCloud yet doesn't have any connectivity capability?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 7:06 AM

There are no replies.

Wipe iPhone linked to iCloud but with No Service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.