Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem exporting my short Keynote-animation to HD-QuickTime

I am having a problem with exporting a short Keynote-animation to HD QuickTime. For four days I am looking for a solution, but could not find it, so I so hope anyone can help me, please.

I made a short animation in Keynote 5.2, and used 'animation in', 'animation out' and some 'actions'. I looks beautifully, smooth.

When I tried to export is to QuickTime, het images are choking.

I exported in custom settings (1920 x 1080 px), full size, compression: animation; frame rate: 25 (that is what the client wants); key frames: all, depth: millions of colors and quality: best. In the result the images are choking. I work on Mac Pro 4.1 OSX 10.9.

I have tried a lot of other export-combinations, but it keeps being jerking.

Has anyone the same problem and found a solution? For me it seems the problem must be in the exporting. I am desperatie after all these efforts.

Mac Pro (Early 2009), Apple Keynote

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 3:21 AM

The animation codec will not play smoothly on a Mac Pro, the data rate is far too high for this. The Animation codec is an editing codec for use in top end post production suites using Adobe After Effects or other comositing software, it is not designed for general playback using QT player.

If your client wants the Animation codec, supply that but also provide a version using a less demanding codec (H264) for playback.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2013 3:21 AM in response to pietepiet

The animation codec will not play smoothly on a Mac Pro, the data rate is far too high for this. The Animation codec is an editing codec for use in top end post production suites using Adobe After Effects or other comositing software, it is not designed for general playback using QT player.

If your client wants the Animation codec, supply that but also provide a version using a less demanding codec (H264) for playback.

Problem exporting my short Keynote-animation to HD-QuickTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.