Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Charger has stopped working after plugging into MacBook Air?

Hello there,

I have owned my iPad Mini for about 2 months now, and the charger has stopped working. It sometimes works on my MacBook Air, but often I get a popup on my computer saying, "To prevent damaging your computer, the USB device drawing too much power has been disabled. Other devices may have also been disabled. When you disconnect the device drawing too much power, your other USB devices will be enabled again." I have tried plugging my iPad into a wall charger, but it still does not charge. There is a small hole and the first part of the cable from the iPad is a bit twisted. Is there any way of fixing this, or do I have to buy another?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 11:09 AM

Your cable may be damaged. Replace it with a new cable.

3 replies

Nov 25, 2013 11:16 AM in response to Coolfluffle

Computer USB ports often do not provide enough power to charge an iPad efficiently. The best way to charge an iPad is with the charger that came with the iPad.

Sounds like your cable is damaged too and needs to be replaced. My suggestion would be to buy two so that you have a backup. If your iPad has a lightning connector be sure to buy a name brand cable, either Apple or another well known brand. Do not buy cheap knockoff cables on eBay and they may not be certified to work with an iPad and you'll get an error message about that when you try to use them.

My iPad Charger has stopped working after plugging into MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.