Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you add an image to a title slide in iMovie? So you can show your information and a picture, almost like powerpoint

I want to add a picture to an imovie title slide, similar to a powerpoint presentation. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you.

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2017 4:19 AM

Since someone forgot the obvious when creating iMovie so that users could easily add a photo as the background to a title page/slide in iMovie, we have to get creative. But by far the EASIEST way to solve this problem is to simply make a MEME. Anyone with an iphone can download meme-making apps (maybe you already have one) and with that you can import the photo of your choice and put in some text and then import that photo into iMovie just like you do any other photo into iMovie and place the photo as the first one in the series/project where you would normally place a title page. Problem solved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2017 4:19 AM in response to maxberm

Since someone forgot the obvious when creating iMovie so that users could easily add a photo as the background to a title page/slide in iMovie, we have to get creative. But by far the EASIEST way to solve this problem is to simply make a MEME. Anyone with an iphone can download meme-making apps (maybe you already have one) and with that you can import the photo of your choice and put in some text and then import that photo into iMovie just like you do any other photo into iMovie and place the photo as the first one in the series/project where you would normally place a title page. Problem solved.

Nov 25, 2013 11:29 PM in response to maxberm

maxberm wrote:

I want to add a picture to an imovie title slide, similar to a powerpoint presentation. …

a) … use Powerpoint.- You can export from it as a Quicktime.mov, import that to iMovie and proceed.

b) prep that whole frame in any pic-processor (I prefer Pixelmator); use for example the MacOS-included Preview.app to create a 'composition' of pic and text.

User uploaded file

by preparing the pix-composition in a designated paint.app, you're allowed to do much more complex 'layouts' than iMovie offers…

Plus: you can create 'phases', in my example: create a pic with background only, with Einstein only, and with Chaplin added; apply dissolves: pics appear!

… you can create astonishing effects by using prepped pix.... ! Think a little outside iMovie…

Can you add an image to a title slide in iMovie? So you can show your information and a picture, almost like powerpoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.