Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with a disappearing video sequence on Final Cut

I was working on my video and suddenly, the video sequence disappeared. The audio tracks are still there and the video tracks are still on my timeline but nothing appears in the canvas when I try to watch my video. I checked every one of my projects and it's the same for all of them. I also can't start any new projects - the visual parts just don't show up when I'm trying to edit though they do when I export the video.

Also I'm not sure whether this has to do with it but when I restarted my computer, my desktop when to default then went completely black then back to default. It also, at first, only gave me question marks in place of pictures though that's gone away now.

User uploaded file

My project above just shows what it look like right now. Clips show up in the viewer but not the canvas.

I have 17 projects that are completely lost at the moment so I would love some help if you know how to fix it!

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 8:00 PM

Make sure your Canvas is set to display Image or Image + Wireframe and not just Wireframe -

User uploaded file

If it is set correctly and you do not see an image, trash your FCP preferences by downloading Preference Manager (free) from Digital Rebellion -

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

This is usually the first step when FCP begins to act unexpectedly.

You preferences will be set to default settings the next time you launch FCP.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2013 8:00 PM in response to al_mcpherson

Make sure your Canvas is set to display Image or Image + Wireframe and not just Wireframe -

User uploaded file

If it is set correctly and you do not see an image, trash your FCP preferences by downloading Preference Manager (free) from Digital Rebellion -

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

This is usually the first step when FCP begins to act unexpectedly.

You preferences will be set to default settings the next time you launch FCP.

MtD

Help with a disappearing video sequence on Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.