Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Travel Time Origin is incorrect

Travel time has thus far been excellent, but today it is using another address that I frequent, not my home location, which is frustrating.

I am an independent contractor that technically works form home but actually works in many locations. I do have a warehouse, and that is the address Calendar is using to calulate travel time even though I am at home (frustrating). I have my home address as my work address on my contacts card.

Any ideas how to fix this? Shouldn't travel time be from your current location?

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 8:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 5, 2017 5:14 AM in response to Joël Huxtable

Travel time is calculated from what Calendar thinks is where you're likely to be. It looks at the location of the previous event in your Calendar (up to 3 hours before), then falls back to your work address during business hours (set in Calendar Preferences) and finally your home address.

There's no override either... unless you go onto an iOS device, where you can override the starting location with absolutely any address you choose.

Frustrating... and shows how software developers trying to be too clever can end up frustrating end users.

Travel Time Origin is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.