Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From Safari on iOS how does AirPrint determine orientation?

Printing from Safari on iOS seems to know to print in landscape or portrait. What must I do to my web page to get AirPrint to print it in landscape as I intended (since we can't change this setting like with desktop browsers). Thanks!

iPad

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 10:30 PM

I use PrintnShare to change the print orientation.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee374/Diavonex/5d94f31bfc3c2f04db821b8dbec2c 36a_zps48d3c2d8.jpg

3 replies

Nov 25, 2013 10:36 PM in response to Diavonex

Thank you. I know there are many apps out there that allow you to open a website in that app's browser and print, my issue is that I have many forms that users enter on the site and I need the entry to print as well. A few years ago the app, Save2PDF tricked the iOS to think there was an AirPrint printer but it printed to the app and converted to a PDF. This feature was lost a few iOS upgrades ago.

Any other suggestions? I am really curious how Safari determines how to print. I wish there was a meta tag available to tell AirPrint.

Thanks again.

From Safari on iOS how does AirPrint determine orientation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.