Currently Being ModeratedNov 28, 2013 12:21 PM (in response to gymnastcw)
I would be concerned too if my iPhone was unexpectedly powering off repeatedly. I found an article with steps you can take when you encounter an issue like this. I recommend following the steps below:
Will not turn on, will not turn on unless connected to power, or unexpected power off
- Verify that the Sleep/Wake button functions. If it does not function, inspect it for signs of damage. If the button is damaged or is not functioning when pressed, seek service.
- Check if a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) is activated or there are signs of corrosion. Learn about LCIsand corrosion.
- Connect the iPhone to the iPhone's USB power adapter and let it charge for at least ten minutes.
- After at least 30 minutes, if:
- The home screen appears: The iPhone should be working. Update to the latest version of iOS if necessary. Continue charging it until it is completely charged and you see this battery icon in the upper-right corner of the screen . Then unplug the phone from power. If it immediately turns off, seek service.
- The low-battery image appears, even after the phone has charged for at least 20 minutes: See "iPhone displays the low-battery image and is unresponsive" symptom in this article.
- Something other than the Home screen or Low Battery image appears, continue with this article for further troubleshooting steps.
- If the iPhone did not turn on, reset it while connected to the iPhone USB power adapter.
- If the display turns on, go to step 4.
- If the display remains black, go to next step.
- Connect the iPhone to a computer and open iTunes. If iTunes recognizes the iPhone and indicates that it is in recovery mode, attempt to restore the iPhone. If the iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes or if you have difficulties in restoring the iPhone, see this article for further assistance.
- If restoring the iPhone resolved the issue, go to step 4. If restoring the iPhone did not solve the issue, seek service.
You can find the full article here:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 1, 2013 8:35 PM (in response to gymnastcw)
You are having the EXACT same problems as my wife.
Did you ever resolve the issue?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2013 8:15 AM (in response to sheila_m.)
Unfortunately, this did not help:/ I only see the correct percentage for the battery when I restart otherwise I can use and it says the same number all day no matter what I've done:/ thanks for that though because I did try everything and now it changes the percentage maybe three times throughout the day but stays frozen at that number for a couple hours so it still isn't correct! Guess I'll be making a not so happy trip to the apple store to complain! My iPhone 4 I had for two years plus and never a single problem! Not one! And now my boyfriend has been using it since I upgraded mine to the iPhone 5 so I'm very disappointed that I upgraded and it's already a huge issue and hasn't even been a year yet!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2013 8:21 AM (in response to gymnastcw)
You have a bad battery. Get it replaced.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 3, 2013 1:30 PM (in response to gymnastcw)
Thank you for the additional information. Due to the nature of your issue or question you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action
All the best,
Currently Being ModeratedDec 6, 2013 4:06 PM (in response to gymnastcw)
Please please can you inform me about what the Apple stroe said when you took your phone back. What did they do to it? or what did they say the problem was? I'm asking because the same thing has been going on and occuring with my phone so this may help me decide what I need to do. Thank you
Currently Being ModeratedJan 3, 2014 3:45 PM (in response to gymnastcw)
Mine is doing the excate same thing, more so after I updated my iPhone 5 to the newest iOS software and I have only had this phone for about 4 months. Does anyone know what the Apple store said? I have a Genius appointment on Monday to try and resolve this issue.