Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone rotate fault

I have about 20k pictures in iPhoto and more recently I have found that when I rotate a image it looks like its performed the action, the image has visually rotated on your screen.

You go ahead one or a few photos ahead and then return to the photo that you think had successfully rotated you can see it hasnt. If you rotate the photo for a second time it will remain rotated.

Its incredibly annoying having to move on a photo or two, then return and rotate a second time, especially when your managing thousands of photos.

I turned off trackpad rotate recently in the system settings as the sensitivity in other photo apps was bothering me so the only method for rotating photos now is in the Edit screen of iPhoto and the Rotate button and thats the feature that Im discussing here. I havent yet seen if the trackpad rotate behaves the same but can test this too if its of help to debug the problem.

I would appreciate this being logged as a iPhone bug and I'm happy to record the issue and share. Alternatively if there is a fix that would be great too.

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 3:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 3:42 AM in response to thezerocool

iPhone or iPhoto? You use the terms interchangeably.

Assuming it's iPhoto for the Mac...

One: you don't "log" bugs here. This forum is Mac users talking to other Mac users, Apple don't promise to read anything here.

iPhoto Menu -> Provide iPhoto Feedback

is the route to the developers.

If you are reporting a bug you'll need to give them key information - like the version of iPhoto you are using and the the OS too.

Two:

so the only method for rotating photos now is in the Edit screen of iPhoto and the Rotate button

Command-r and option-command-r will rotate the default direction and the opposite, respectively.

Three: rule out the possibility of a library issue:

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

Post back with the result.

iPhone rotate fault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.