Perhaps, but McAfee is worthless junk that is capable of doing nothing beneficial. Uninstall it and ensure all remnants of it are completely eradicated from your Mac, then determine if that made any difference.
If not please determine if the problems also occur in "Safe Mode":
- Safe Mode or "Safe Boot" is a troubleshooting mode that bypasses all third party system extensions and loads only required system components. Read about it: Starting up in Safe Mode
- You must disable FileVault before you can start your Mac in Safe Mode.
- Starting your Mac in Safe Mode will take longer than usual, graphics will not render smoothly, audio is disabled on some Macs, and some programs (iTunes for example) may not work at all.
- Merely starting your Mac in Safe Mode is not intended to resolve the problem, it's to observe its performance without certain additional components.
- To end Safe Mode restart your Mac normally. Shutdown will take longer as well.
What computer are you using? Some Mid-2010 MacBook Pros (I think that's the one) have some known graphics processor issues that Mavericks seems to bring to light.