Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

InDesign to iBooks

I am designing a textbook using InDesign. Once it's finally done, the clients want to produce iBook and ebook versions to sell through the usual places. I have a few questions about what I need to learn in advance of the inDesign/iBook conversion process.

First, which are the best applications for this process? Beside iBook Author for the sales in iBooks/iTunes store, which authoring software should I consider?

And second, has anyone here found a good source for figuring out the conversion fees? Like many designers I know, flat fees are how I charge before the author or client asks for changes.

There's a third, too, but it's obviously too complex for a straightforward answer: HOW?! Since the book will have more elements than a novel or nonfiction book, that's a different story.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 5:22 AM

I think Adobe has all kinds of stuff telling you how to produce .epub with Indesign. That is where you look for this info. E.g.

http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/export-content-epub-cs6.html

iBooks Author is probably not relevant, because the books it produces can only be read on an iPad or on a Mac running OS 10.9, no other device. Also there is no way to convert from Indesign to iBA, you basically have to recreate the book via copy/paste, etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2013 5:22 AM in response to Nicky McCatty

I think Adobe has all kinds of stuff telling you how to produce .epub with Indesign. That is where you look for this info. E.g.

http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/export-content-epub-cs6.html

iBooks Author is probably not relevant, because the books it produces can only be read on an iPad or on a Mac running OS 10.9, no other device. Also there is no way to convert from Indesign to iBA, you basically have to recreate the book via copy/paste, etc.

InDesign to iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.