Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone restarts automatically

Hi,

since I updated my Iphone 4s to IOs 7 I keep on having the same problems over and over again. I hoped that Apple would fix my problems with a later version but since 7.0.4 (which is now the running system on my phone) nothing happend.

What is my problem - and I know, a lot people do have the same problems and keeps beeing unsolved as far as I have seen it.

1.) I can't turn off my Iphone anymore. If I try to switch it off it automatically turns on again (unless the power is empty)

2.) There are no sounds anymore. Playing videos in apps (facebook, whatsapp or what so ever) or music doesn't make a single beep anymore. Only Ringtones of all kind work nicely. It seems to be a problem with the Audio-Jack. Because when I plug my headphones into my Iphone all sound are playing very well.

3.) the battery of my iphone loses a lot of power. The battery was empty, when I woke up in the morning. I started going to bed with 69%. It sometimes turns off at 25%-30%..sometimes at 15%

I tried to resett the iphone several times and also backed it up, but nothing worked so far...is there anyone who can at least help me fix problem 1.) ?

Thanks so much

Costa

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, 2,5 years old

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 6:36 AM

8 replies

Dec 8, 2013 3:39 PM in response to Costa87

I had the EXACT same problems. Here's what I did, and now my phone is fine. I can't say which of the two fixed it though.

1. Clean out connector port - all the dust that you can see. Others have suggested this. This alone did not fix my problems.

2. Let the battery die completely. And I mean all the way. Letting it die until you get the battery with the red bars is not sufficient (I tried this with no success). When you no longer see any response to any button presses, then recharge (or wait a little longer!) .

It could be that step two is all you need to do, but the reason I think both steps are necessary is because I replaced the battery and that did not fix the problem.

I'm very disappointed in Apple for not having a solution to this problem. A trip to the Genius Bar told me to replace the hardware, I was 2 weeks out of warranty and they would not replace it. Hope this helps.

John

Dec 9, 2013 12:23 AM in response to Jdstrobel

I cleared my connector from dust and dirt and I also let my battery die several times. The battery was completly dead, not even the red bar showed up anymore.

My problem remains unsolved. But I can tell that changing the battery had the effect that my iphone won't go off at 20% anymore but at 2-3%. So far so good. But still, I lose a lot of battery over night while not charging. I turned off every single service apple provides and tested the battery response to turning off different services. But that seems not to be the problem. A lot of people say facebook is very battery hungry. But I couldn't approve this as well.

Dissapointed doesn't even comes close to what I am. Apple wanted 160 € for changing the battery.

Apple, are they mad?...

Jan 3, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Costa87

Well, I don't know if anybody is reading this anymore, but it may help someone who's having the "standby = usage" or phantomusage issue.

As many people suggested in other discussions I resetted my Iphone like a hundred times, turned everything off and even change my carrier. But I always ended up having the extrem battery drain (3-5% per h) and the other above describes issues.

This is what fixed my Iphone 4s (FINALLY) after I even got a water damage from cleaning it with 90% alcohol.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310494?answerId=20435419022#20435419022

Let someone fix your Dock Connector and you'll be fine if none of the suggested solutions help!!!!!!!

Let me know if this helps!

Iphone restarts automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.