Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External media files work on one computer but not on another

I have several MOV and MP4 video files that are stored in a specific folder, and some of my presentations display those videos in their slides. Because there are too many video files, they’re not embedded on the presentation, they are (I believe) only linked, or else the presentation file would just get too large.

I usually create the presentations on my home iMac and copy them to my MacBook to take to work. The folders structure is exactly the same on both computers, including the user name.

I upgraded to Keynote 6 (and now to 6.0.1) on both computers (both running on OS Mavericks). When I open on my MacBook a presentation that I created on my iMac, the app says the video files couldn’t be located, and it only displays a still of the video. But the video files are there! The folders are mirrored! This procedure worked fine with version 5.3, but doesn’t work with 6.0.1.

Any suggestions?

Keynote-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 7:10 AM

2 replies

External media files work on one computer but not on another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.