Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Touch ID option is GONE???

I recently updated my iPhone 5S 32GB to iOS version 7.0.4. After the update, i noticed that my touch ID was not longer working. It would not even recognize my fingerprint at all. I went into Settings > General > and Passcode Lock... Passcode Lock & Touch ID option was gone... Doesn't even exist anymore. I now only have the option to use passcode lock. As if Touch ID never existed. I searched forums and couldn'g find a similar problem on a 5S. I Restored all Content and Settings on my iPhone and Restored to an iCloud Backup that was a day or two old. No big deal. Touch ID is still gone. Can someone please help me?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, Corporate Profile is installed

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 8:00 AM

49 replies

Nov 26, 2013 10:45 AM in response to Brandon716

I had this same problem, when I first got my 5s from Verizon yesterday the phone prompted me to set up the Touch ID. Then I tried to hook up to my iTunes which prompted a software update. After I updated to the most recent software, my Touch ID was gone. Are you with Verizon? From what I can see it is either a software issue or with Verizon.

Dec 26, 2013 9:46 AM in response to Brandon716

I have just had similar problem after Touch ID started acting glitchy. The "add fingerprint" setting was grayed out and could not get it to activate in "blue" despite multiple setting changes suggested on other forums.

I then decided to backup all to my desktop and restore. Now the Touch ID setting is gone completely. As if it were an iPhone 5 not a 5s.

Other posts have suggested that this is a hardware problem and Apple replaced their phones after attempting to correct error in the store by inhouse techs.

I have Verizon iPhone 5s which had most recent software from the start so was never a software update issue.

I'm gonna call Verizon and see if they know anything and if replaceable under warranty.

Jan 5, 2014 11:04 AM in response to Brandon716

I had the same issue ... and also restored the phone and the option TOUCH ID was totaly gone.

But I restored it via the iphone itself ( general reset all data and settings etc )

It was still not ok

Then I tried to restore the iphone from ITUNES ( that reinstall completely the OS which is not done if you do a reset via the iphone)

And then .. the option was back again

Mar 15, 2014 5:43 PM in response to Brandon716

i have the same problem and its really annoying me as i cant just walk in and get another phone seeing as i changed the back housing to a gold plated one, its quite obvious as to what the problem is, the ios for iphone 5s and 5 have gotten mixed up and now when i upgraded to 7.1 its as if i got an iphone 5 version which does not require the touch id option.. they better fix this in a new update this is UNacceptable

My Touch ID option is GONE???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.