Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my iPod 5 to ios7, it's sound got muted. I tried to update/fix the problem by connecting it to itunes but could'nt. My iPod is giving the messag "your iPod touch could not be activated because activation is temporarily unavailable"

After updating my iPod touch, it got mutated. While updating it thru itunes it is asking to update the iPod. However when i try to update the message comes your iPod touch could not be activated because activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPod touch to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact Apple support at apple.com/support". I am trying to resolve this for many weeks now dont have any idea where to seek help from. Really appreciate a quick response from anyone.

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 8:23 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 8:26 AM in response to Imran_nazir

Try:

- Powering off and then back on your router.

- iTunes for Windows: iTunes cannot contact the iPhone, iPad, or iPod software update server

- Change the DNS to either Google's or Open DNS servers

Public DNS — Google Developers

OpenDNS IP Addresses

- For one user uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes resolved the problem

- Try on another computer/network

- Wait if it is an Apple problem

However, Apple does not report any problems

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

After updating my iPod 5 to ios7, it's sound got muted. I tried to update/fix the problem by connecting it to itunes but could'nt. My iPod is giving the messag "your iPod touch could not be activated because activation is temporarily unavailable"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.