Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best practices re: video - external or embedded?

I am in the process of creating my second volume of a multimedia iPad book "Play Piano For Kids" and was wondering if it would make sense to have my video be external. As more and more people buy multimedia books that are quite large, I wouldn't want my 1GB book to be a deterrent to purchase. Also, as I plan on having a third volume as well, these would take up too much space on even my own iPad 2.

Has anyone published with external video? What was your experience? Does Apple have restrictions on where you host it?

I'm thinking of hosting the video on Amazon S3 as the pricing seems reasonable.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance

Andrew Ingkavet

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 8:25 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 2:26 PM in response to ingko

There are a few older threads dealing with this question..

Although you mention Amazon, (amazed Apple let it through! because they usually dont accept a book till links to Amazon and others are removed) , most questions relate to YouTube... this thread may help you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5282070?answerId=22882313022#22882313022

Let us know how you get on... it helps others to know.

Best practices re: video - external or embedded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.