Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode repository

Hello,

I'm using the repository part of the Xcode service.

It's almost working but I have a little problem.

When I'm out of my home, accessing my repository via internet, everything is working great. I only need a few seconds to push or pull whatever I want.

When I'm at home, on a local computer (not the server itself), every interaction with the repository takes many minutes (more than 10 minutes to "load remotes" and at least 3 to 5 more to execute the action).

All of this is done using Xcode 5.0.2.

The server is running OS 10.9 with Server 3.0.1 and hosting a git repository.

I tried to pull/push using git commands with the terminal but I'm having the exact same problem.

From what I was able to see looking at the logs (I'm really not an expert in this area) it looks like Xcode is doing nothing during these very long minutes.

There is this message, repeated twice when I open the "pull" sheet :

26/11/2013 17:47:58,478 Xcode[372]: [MT] IDESourceControlAuthentication: Couldn't remove password from keychain: Error Domain=DVTSecErrorDomain Code=-25300 "The specified item could not be found in the keychain." UserInfo=0x7fe9ee5c96e0 {NSLocalizedDescription=The specified item could not be found in the keychain.}

If anyone has any idea of what's happening here I would be really interested !

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 10:40 AM

Here's a test for a common trigger for long access delays: launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities and issue the following harmless, diagnostic command:

sudo changeip -checkhostname

That'll check some core network settings including DNS, and DNS problems can cause these sorts of delays. It'll tell you whether no changes are required, or if there are issues with the configuration. You will need to enter an administrative password for the sudo, and might also see a one-time informational message issued from sudo.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2013 10:40 AM in response to lgda

Here's a test for a common trigger for long access delays: launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities and issue the following harmless, diagnostic command:

That'll check some core network settings including DNS, and DNS problems can cause these sorts of delays. It'll tell you whether no changes are required, or if there are issues with the configuration. You will need to enter an administrative password for the sudo, and might also see a one-time informational message issued from sudo.

Nov 26, 2013 11:43 AM in response to MrHoffman

This command seems to be specific to OS X Server so I ony executed it on my server and it seems to be working fine.

Password:

Primary address = 192.168.1.100

Current HostName = achille.home

DNS HostName = achille.home

The names match. There is nothing to change.

Yes, Achille is the charming name of my server.

Thanks for trying to help !

Nov 26, 2013 2:59 PM in response to MrHoffman

I'm not sure to fully understand what you mean but OS X Server isn't used as a DNS server on my local network.

The DNS service of the Server is disabled.

I'm using my internet provider's router for the DNS part.

I think you might be right about this being related to a DNS problem.

As you saw the HostName of my server is achille.home, on my client, in my Xcode project repositories settigns, the server is referenced as achille.home but when trying to ping achille.home from this client, every ping timeout.

If I try to ping achille.local the ping command works.

I'm not sure how I should change these settings in my Xcode project and why it used this hostname but I guess it might fix the problem.

Thanks

Xcode repository

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.