Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publishing with iBooks Author using iTunes Producer

I am publishing a 3 part book created using iBooks author. So although my total packages were shown as "validated" in iTunes Producer, once I attempted to deliver them to be published, a whole laundry list of errors appeared:

-Apple's web service operation was not successful

-Unable to authenticate the package

-ERROR ITMS-9000: File does not match type JPEG image because of these validation issues= The file does not start with an image marker (this appears multiple times)

-ERROR ITMS-9000: Image width '657' of image file 'VOL_1.png' does not meet the minumum required width

-ERROR ITMS-9000: "Sample Book": Unsupported file type found

-ERROR ITMS-9000: "Actual book": Unsupported file type found

-ERROR ITMS-9000: "Specific video file" Unsupported file type found (this appears multiple times)

I need to figure out how to fix these errors so that I can publish successfully.

ANY HELP or ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!

iBook

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 10:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 2:19 PM in response to TMilakovich

Are you saying you have 3 individual books in a series or 1 book in total?

1 book - no matter how the content is constructed is...1 book and if its less than 2 GB.

"Total Package" seemes to indicate 3 books uploaded, if so, with my knowledge of iTunes Producer - please tell us how you did it!

Loking at the list of errors and others in the MORE LIKE THIS column on the right of page - it seems you created content which does not comply with the Asset Guide.

All the errors indicate your video and images are either the wrong size or type.

The asset guide can be downloaded using iTunes Connect > Deliver your Content. A lits of PDFs on the tope right of page.

Rather than repeat the media/image requirements, I suggest you download Asset Guide and check your media and after correction re deliver your book. Come back if you hit probelms.

I have not seen this before.....

-ERROR ITMS-9000: "Sample Book": Unsupported file type found

-ERROR ITMS-9000: "Actual book": Unsupported file type found

My practice is to export the finished books to its "home folder" before using "Publish". the book files have the "ibooks" suffix ie mybook.ibooks and I rename the sample/preview book as PREVIEWmybook.ibooks

Is it possible you got your books in the wrong order when using iTunes Producer?

Publishing with iBooks Author using iTunes Producer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.