Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why would a user have limited access to file sharing

I just upgraded to Mavericks and server 3. But now users can't log in. I look at the "access to server" option for the user and it shows this (see screen capture included here )

User uploaded file

I tested all this out on a testing server, but not with these specific accounts. This is simply an upgrade from 10.8.5 to Mavericks.

Running a MacMini server. 2.6 GHz i7 processor. 16GB ram.

Your help is appreciated.

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 9:44 AM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2013 2:21 PM in response to gracoat

Thank you for the idea. given our time constraints we've decided to head back to 10.8.5 and deal with things later, possibly much later. Though I had failed to remember Maverick's switch to preferring SMB. Though one would think that type of thing is covered in the upgrade automatically.

In the end, the sharing thing did work itself out, but the users couldn't log in and when I went to change a password for a user, the button to accept the password change would do nothing, it'd just sit there with the new password typed into the two boxes and the button was useless. Since you have to click out of that box to do anything else I had to force quick server.app and that's when I decided it was too buggy to mess with and I'd just go back to what I know and almost trust.

K

why would a user have limited access to file sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.