Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio out of sync when copied onto different sequence!

Hi everyone,

I'm editing a documentary in FCP7, and have open several sequence tabs with different bits of footage, and one with the main edit. They all have the same sequence settings.

For some of the interviews I have, the audio is direct from the camera, and for some I have synced it manually from an external zoom mic. For the latter, I had to covert some of the audio files that were originally WMA into aiff, and some of them were already mp3 so went straight into FCP without conversion.

The interview clips I have with the zoom mic aiff audio (converted from WMA) go out of sync when I copy them onto the main edit timeline/sequence, but the ones with the mp3 zoom mic audio, or audio from the camera mic are fine.

Is there anything that can be done to rectify this problem?

Thanks,

Keira

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 11:26 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 12:14 PM in response to k.smalley

Something is off in the conversion. My guess is the zoom recorded 44.1 khz and you did not resample when you made the aiff.

Best practice is to convert everything to AIFF 48khz 16bit. Even if the mp3s haven't given you a problem yet, they will come back to bite you.

You can use Compressor, SoundtrackPro, iTunes, Logic and so on to do the conversion and resample for you.

Good luck,

x

Audio out of sync when copied onto different sequence!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.