Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot export versions

Using latest version (3.5.1) of Aperture on Mavericks, all latest updates installed on MBP Mid 2012, export versions stopped working completly after succesfuly exporting cca 1500 images.

Originals I'm trying to export are RAWs (Canon EOS60D .CR2, latest firmware on the camera), referenced images on local drive.

Have tried different locations for export, fixing permissions on Aperture Library, reboot the machine, nothing helped. Have tried multiple and single image export. Wouldn't suspect low memory, 16GB installed.

I'm trying to export full size JPGs with into custom folder name with version filename. Have tried on several aperture libraries, none works. I'm stuck 😟

Searching console for "Aperture" shows following message:

26/11/13 22:44:10,656 Aperture[1144]: view service marshal for <NSRemoteView: 0x7f80c16eb0e0> failed to forget accessibility connection due to Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application." (The connection was invalidated from this process.) UserInfo=0x60800066a300 {NSDebugDescription=The connection was invalidated from this process.}

timestamp: 22:44:10.656 Tuesday 26 November 2013

process/thread/queue: Aperture (1144) / 0x1125e4000 / com.apple.NSXPCConnection.user.endpoint

code: line 2940 of /SourceCache/ViewBridge/ViewBridge-46/NSRemoteView.m in __57-[NSRemoteView viewServiceMarshalProxy:withErrorHandler:]_block_invoke

domain: communications-failure

Thanks in advance for any idea on how to make export verions work again.

MacBook MB062LL/A

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 9:19 PM

You seem to have already tried a lot of the right things.

You didn't mention 'Repair Database' so I would try that option next (as always, ensure you have a good backup). 'Repair Database' is accessed from the same screen as 'Repair Permissions.

If that option doesn't help then, my next step would be to test it with a new user account.

First creat the new account from system preferences.

Then log out of your current user account and log in with the new one.

Run Aperture from that account (you'll get a new empty library so will have to import a few photos).

What this lets you do is see if the issue is system-wide (for all users, even though you may be the only user) or thw issue is localised to your account.

If it still doesn't work with that new account, it's probably system wide. If it does work, the problem is localised to your user account, and there are additional troubleshooting steps you can follow, like removing presets and preferences. See HT3805 for trouble shooting basics and how to preform these.

The fact that it stopped working after such a large export is possibly interesting. Exported versions is a peice of metadata that Aperture tracks, so it's easy to imagine how a small glitch may have caused a number of problems. However, repair database should sort any minor database problems out.

Have you rebooted your machine since that export? Perhaps a temporary chache needs clearing.

Andy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2013 9:19 PM in response to sstraka

You seem to have already tried a lot of the right things.

You didn't mention 'Repair Database' so I would try that option next (as always, ensure you have a good backup). 'Repair Database' is accessed from the same screen as 'Repair Permissions.

If that option doesn't help then, my next step would be to test it with a new user account.

First creat the new account from system preferences.

Then log out of your current user account and log in with the new one.

Run Aperture from that account (you'll get a new empty library so will have to import a few photos).

What this lets you do is see if the issue is system-wide (for all users, even though you may be the only user) or thw issue is localised to your account.

If it still doesn't work with that new account, it's probably system wide. If it does work, the problem is localised to your user account, and there are additional troubleshooting steps you can follow, like removing presets and preferences. See HT3805 for trouble shooting basics and how to preform these.

The fact that it stopped working after such a large export is possibly interesting. Exported versions is a peice of metadata that Aperture tracks, so it's easy to imagine how a small glitch may have caused a number of problems. However, repair database should sort any minor database problems out.

Have you rebooted your machine since that export? Perhaps a temporary chache needs clearing.

Andy

cannot export versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.