Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert Works doc no longer having Works?

I have been sent a large Works document. No longer having Works, I am trying to figure out how to convert it into .rtf of some other form that is readable.

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 4:22 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 10:04 PM in response to woodchopper123

Since you've posted in the AppleWorks forum, by "Works" I assume you mean AppleWorks. There are a few options to get to the contents of that file.

The easiest & most reliable option other than using AppleWorks or Pages 4 or earlier would be to open the file with LibreOffice. It's a free, open source, Office clone that does a very good job of opening AppleWorks & ClarisWorks files. You can then save them as RTF or Word.

Second would be to open the file with TextEdit that comes with OS X. You will get a lot of "garbage" formatting text before & after the actual text. That formatting can be many pages long.

Third would be to look at the options available from Panergy Software. They do have demo software to try.

User uploaded file

How to convert Works doc no longer having Works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.