Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPhone software but could not complete the restore process. When I reconnected to complete the restore, the wrong backup was restored. Can I restore the backup of my phone that was made before the software update and restore?

updated my iPhone software but could not complete the restore process. I thought I had done a recent backup to the cloud but when I connected to another authorized PC to complete the restore, the wrong backup was restored. Can I restore the backup of my phone that was made before the software update and restore?

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 5:16 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2013 5:22 PM in response to Teresina

If you have an iCloud backup you can restore it by going to Settings>General>Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then go through the setup screens on the phone and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts. Be sure you phone is connected to wifi and your charger as it is restoring the backup.

I updated my iPhone software but could not complete the restore process. When I reconnected to complete the restore, the wrong backup was restored. Can I restore the backup of my phone that was made before the software update and restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.