Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sound stops during games

Randomly my sounds stops during most of my games. Clash of clans my sound will fade in and out like its trying to work properly, but other apps are just muted completely. If im listening to music while playing a game, it seems to happen more often. ALL sound is stopped, i have to exit my app to turn the music back on. This happened after i synced some music. It was TERRIBLE, but i managed to sync it 3 or 4 more times to try and correct the problem, it helped but didnt fix it. One day my sound wouldnt even adjust. Something is seriously wrong with this OS. This has been a problem since iOS7. And i was syncing my wifes new Justin Timberlake, apparently the iPod hates him as much as i do.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 6:09 PM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2013 8:33 AM in response to lllaass

Tried all of this, including the painful restore, with zero luck. If i have my music playing while i play a game, it pauses all sound. I still believe Game Center is causing my problems. Even without my music playing i had a game that would not play sound at all. I had to close the endless open apps and sound worked again.

Before anyone starts blaming my apps, this problem IS NOT app specific. Even well build apps like Clash Of Clans is having serious audio problems on my iPod. iPod also seems to be crashing quite a bit, the whole screen goes green, then fades to black.

Nov 27, 2013 5:50 AM in response to Thomas0zero

NoSound problem with headphones? With speaker?

If only with headphones have you tried another pair of headphones?

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Nov 30, 2013 12:43 PM in response to lllaass

I believe the crashing could be hardware, but i dont think so. The sound is definently a software issue. I appreciate the help. I think iOS7 game center is causing the issues. It cut all sound when that banner comes down during the opening of a game. After that you can tell the game is struggling for sound controll. Constantly fading in and out, some aspects working, some not. I never had these issues with iOS6. iTunes hasenst worked worth a **** since iOS7 either. Syncing is a major chore with a 1 out of 4 success rate. Apples circling the drain.

sound stops during games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.