Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate PBS on Apple TV

I try to activate,type in the code press "continue" -- offers me 3 choices (facebook, Google, & PBS).. I choose PBS (do not use Facebook or google) and nothing happens, tells me to create an account but nothing visible on which to create an account --the PBS choice just sits there, doesn't take me any place except previews.

So how do I actually activate PBS via AppleTV?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 8GB SDRAM; 750GB HD

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 2:33 PM

I clicked on google and it worked just fine. I think it wants to be able to link to either google, facebook or your pbs account.

9 replies

Dec 2, 2013 7:26 PM in response to pwwwayne

Did you go to the Internet link shown on the ATV?

I suggest you do it with an iPhone or iPad in front of the ATV connected TV.

I also suggest you first create an account at PBS before starting the "activation" process.

1. Enter the url: pbs.org/account (I didn't take a screenshot, just enter the url, it's very short)
  2. Enter the code shown just below step 1.
  3. You should no see a list of PBS stations. Pick the local (or closest?) one.

Now, that's the way it's supposed to go. I had to create an account at PBS, since I did not have one. From there, I was dead in the water. There were no other links available. And I never saw a page to select a PBS station.

I decided to Restart my Mac and my Airport. Returned to the ATV to see it requesting I update it. Still nothing.

To make a long story short, I finally got a "Code Expired" message on the ATV and used my iPad to access the link, eneterd my PBS username/password, selected a station and everything now works.

BTW, you do not have to use FB nor Google+. Just click the 'PBS' icon. Hope that helps! 😉

Jan 7, 2014 1:01 PM in response to pwwwayne

I had the same problem. I got the activation code from PBS on my Apple TV - and I entered it into the PBS activation site with Safari (iMac with OS 10.9).... but none of the 3 choices (Facebook, Google, or PBS) were active "buttons" to take me to the next step. I had already created a PBS login and password - and I was logged in.

In the end - I repeated all the steps with my iPad Air (iPad5) - and that worked perfectly on the first try.

How to activate PBS on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.