Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV as a monitor for Macbook Pro? What happened? Mac wont recognize monitor?

I have a macbook pro and I am trying to connect to my TV as a monitor. I have done this several times before using the Kanex HDMI to thunderbolt cord. However now it is all of sudden no longer working. I cannot get the tab to appear in the "display menu" of "system preferences" it does not detect the monitor. How do I troubleshoot this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 9:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 6:40 PM in response to f8fuli

I have the same problem with a Belkin cord. The second one I have bought from the Apple Store a few months ago. It used to work a month or so ago and then it became intermittant and now I get the notice on the TV Screen "The source is not connected."

I have followed the suggestion on other threads to remove and replae each end of the cord several times in case the ends are tarnished from lack of use. I also have tried putting my laptop to sleep while it turn on the TV and then look for the source so the two machines have time to "relate". Luck for about 5 minutes until I moved my laptop. Then, nothing. I am wondering if there isn't a problem with the port itself?

Why is the TV suddenly not recognizing my laptop? I have one nothing different that I can recall.

No devices are detected on my "display menu" of 'system preferences" either.

TV as a monitor for Macbook Pro? What happened? Mac wont recognize monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.